Song 15 - We Didn't Start The Fire
Posted byIf Lawson had given us this CD and told us to choose one song to answer these questions about (not that she would ever do that, unfortunately) this would be the song i would choose. But for all the wrong reasons. First off, it's the only one I was familiar with on the receiving of this CD. Second, even if I did skim through the other songs, this one is one of the more upbeat ones and I can't resist an upbeat song. However, when I would go to answer the questions, I would be left in the biggest state of confusion without knowing how to fix anything. And that's because this song is like an explosion in your face. It hops everywhere. It lists more and more stuff, each more random then the next. As I actually have to "analyze" this song I am just going to say that this song sort of represents what I mean by America being a complete whirlwind of...well...just about everything. The only thing connecting it all is the fact that it was fuel to the ever going "fire" that Billy Joel is talking about. He had way too many ideas in 1983 when this was released and no where to put them. I guess he thought he could make them all work in one song. Well, Ladies and Gentlemen, this song is what you get.


0 comments:
Post a Comment